POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV-reg entries=? : Re: POV-reg entries=? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:27:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-reg entries=?
From: Mark Wagner
Date: 8 Nov 2001 02:01:29
Message: <3bea2dc9@news.povray.org>
Mahalis wrote in message <3be93c15$1@news.povray.org>...
>It says it needs MegaPOV or POV 3.1 installed (and it also seems to want
>that annoying HOME= entry in the registry), but the reason I was looking
for
>this kind of thing in the first place was because I couldn't run the
install
>program.

Weird.  I didn't think I removed that for the final version.  It should
check for a Home= registry entry, and if it doesn't find that, it should
deduce the correct path from the path to the executable file, and if it
can't do that (which should never happen), it should use "c:\temp\workarea"
as the homepath.  The problem could be that it can't find the editor dlls or
that it can't find "colors.inc".

--
Mark